When adding or editing an investor contact, you'll notice that there are a number of different fields for each individual investor:
The name and contact information is pretty straight forward. As far as investment details go, you can find quick definitions and best practices below:
- Amount — simply the amount of capital you expect this investor to contribute to your round. This is in whatever currency you set when initially creating your fundraise.
- Rating — This is a 1-5 start rating on how you feel towards the relationship and opportunity to close this investor.
- Initial Contact — The first contact date you had with the investor
- Next Follow Up — The date you are expected to follow up with the investor.
- Intro — The source for you to track who introduced you to the investor.
- Reason for no — A dropdown field to help you determine why an investor said no. You can use this to tailor pitches to other investors and as a reminder when reaching out to this investor in the future.
- Notes — Use our rich text editor to leave a series of notes on the right hand panel.